Old October 10th 05, 03:18 PM
Peter Newman

Default am/narrow-fm/wide-fm/lsb/usb what else?

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:50:22 -0400, Dave Holford
wrote:

With what receiver and which filter? What kind of detector? I can
design any number of receivers that will do what you claim, but that
doesn't negate the fact that the standard filtered superhet SSB
receiver will receive a signal on the "wrong" sideband if the filter
is wide enough and the detector is set correctly.

As I stated in my first posting, a Winradio.

Yes, the WinRadio G303 and G313 appear to be the only commercially
available eceivers with genuine ISB and DSB modes. The DSB is actually
so good that you can receive standard AM with it and can hardly hear
any difference (i.e. the digital BFO inserts the carrier spot on
frequency, like with synchronous AM mode).

I did an interesting experiment with my G303e/PD by using stereo
speakers in DSB mode on an AM broadcast station, and you can actually
hear a phase difference variation between the two sidebands. This
causes an amazing "floating in space" audio sensation.

Peter