Old October 15th 05, 10:02 PM
krackula

Default WTB:Windows compatible software for Optoelectronics 456

Probe is by far and wide the most desirable software for that set up.
you can often get 80 to 100 channels scan rate with it.
( closer to 80 most of the time )

you can keep unlimited scanning freq files in your computer for an
unlimited number of channels, and Probe will convert standard
formats of FCC frequency disks to make things much easier for you.

the other programs like Scancat look kewl ( their GUIs ) but are
painfully slow as compared to Probe. Scancat , for example , makes
a nice " manual " control for your scanner , when you want to use it
as a tunable receiver.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:12:34 -0700, "Mike"
wrote:

I have a Pro2006, with a Opto-456 card, and decided to fire it up with the
computer attached. The software I got with the Opto board is dated. I see
there are several programs available, but they all seem to have disclaimers
on their compatibility with the latest Windows versions.So, rather than buy
a new copy to play with and waste the money, I'm looking for a used copy.
Scancat Gold, Probe or similar, which will work with the Opto-456.
Thanks.

Mike