Old September 29th 05, 03:13 PM

Default Signal meter on R8B

I own a nice little Toshiba model RP-F11 AM/FM/Shortwave radio I bought
at a Goodwill store about seven years ago.(I wonder how money the radio
sold for new? I paid two dollars for it at the Goodwill store) The
signal meter on the radio wasen't working then (maybe that's why it
showed up at the Goodwill store) and it still doesn't work at all now.I
don't know if that affects the performance of the radio or not,the radio
does work well though as far as I can tell.I wonder why radio signal
meters aren't made/enclosed in such a way as to protect them from dust
getting inside of them? Looking at the front of the radio,I don't see
any dust inside of the signal meter,I guess it could be a tiny wire to
the signal meter is loose or has become disconnected.
cuhulin