Old September 30th 05, 04:53 AM
Tony Meloche

Default R75 & R8B

wrote:

R75 was delivered today. (UPS man ran into my wife and told her I
bought a new radio. I'm glad I told her I got new radio before she
mentioned it:-) I like it's size compared to the Drake R8B. I expect
the future will even see smaller units with superior performance - I
hope. Readout is easier on these old eyes than the Drake as well.
Panel layout is nice. Performance is very good and many options to
tame noise and lots of buttons to play with and tweak. The audio
doesn't seem to be as clean as the Drake.

The built-in speaker on the R75 is the size of a teabag. Virtually
*any* extension speaker dramatically improves the sound. And it's great
through headphones, of course (I do almost all my listening with
headphones).

Tony