Old September 30th 05, 02:22 PM

Default TIME to LEAVE the CAR at HOME?

Another set of plans I have here shows how to hook up an electric motor
(golf cart motor or government surplus motor) to an adapter to the
transmission of a VW beetle car.I have an old Popular Science magazine
here that dates back to the 1960's or 1970's that has an article about a
guy who built his own vehicle that runs on compressed air.He used an old
small pickup truck and some old high pressure scuba tanks he mounted in
the bed of the pickup truck for his compressed air tanks.Some industrial
compressed air motors have horsepower ratings of up to about 25
horsepower.Some scrap metal yards have things like that lying around for
sale.Old oxycetylene tanks make good high pressure compressed air tanks
too.I stay off the interstates as much as possible because I drive too
slow,I prefer the back roads anyway.I like the idea of those cars that
run on compressed air.Just plug them in for a while and let them charge
back up.Some of those electric cars catch fire sometimes.Chrysler had
some problems with some of their hybrid electric cars.One of them burned
somebody's house down in Florida a few years ago.
cuhulin