Old September 16th 03, 05:53 AM
Richard Clark

On 16 Sep 2003 03:02:28 GMT, OSPAM (NEDROG) wrote:

Thanks for the information.

I am still looking for the original article, and since it is not going to be
commercialized, maybe the author would like to send me a copy.

Howard W3CQH

Hi Howard,

In a normal amateur relationship you would get several.

We are not talking about a normal amateur. Kind of like Nixon. Write
him at his business address and don't let a whisper of this lead pass
within the body of that plea or you go on the enemies list
automatically. Be prepared for the equivalent of a body cavity search
into your motives for wanting directions. ;-)

The details are fairly simple. Stiff wire holds the shape adequately.
You only have to figure out how to jimmy it up with a boom and to add
a cap to an identical sized reflector. The reason for that last bit
with the cap was it is more than a little complex to bend the wire
with one jig for both driven and reflected elements. The boom
supports two X shaped wooden forms to hold the far corners (and the
various bends that come close).

It is a pleasing to the eye (with the old adage about beauty...) and
is no worse nor better than any others have been suggesting in its
place. This is truly an example of a project for the project's sake;
but I've been there too.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC