Old October 3rd 05, 06:31 PM
David

Default Looking for All Indian Radio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:11:28 -0400, SR wrote:

Yes when I use my ICOM R75 or Grundig Sat. 800. But not for all other
radio. Sometimes the telescopic antenna works better!

I've seen this word before what is null? BTW I have a friend who has
the book EASY-UP ANTENNAS FOR RADIO LISTENERS AND HAMS, EDWARD M NOLL.
Maybe I'll take a look at it.

All antennas receive better in some directions and worse in others.
The good directions are ''lobes'' the bad directions are ''nulls''.

A loop antenna has killer nulls perpundicular to the plane of the
coils. If you are trying to hear on a channel with more than one
station you can steer the null toward one of the stations and then
just hear the other one. This is the #1 advantage of a loop antenna,
IMHO.