Old October 3rd 05, 09:30 PM
RonH

Default USS Missouri and R-390A

I visited the Missouri when it was moored in San Francisco. (I think
there were plans to put it there permanently, which might have been a
good tourist attraction - as if SF needs more tourist attractions -
but there were too many antis.)

I recall the Missouri being moored in SF for a short time. One of the
reasons advanced by the people of that city for not making SF the permanent
home was that in the event of a nuclear missile attack, the Missouri would
be a prime first strike target!!! I was living in the Bay area at the time
and could not believe that this ludicrous argument was put forth.

Ron
It would have been a great tourist attraction.
..