Old October 4th 05, 03:39 AM
Brian Denley

Default R7 Headed UP

David wrote:
That's a cool radio. If I ever decide to get funky with an old school
radio again it'll likely be an R-388 that I stumble across (I'm not
going to pay E-Bay prices for one). I've had the Hallis and couple
390As and have an NC-125 in the garage.

The bands are so sucky so often it's hard to stay focused.

I have a very nice R-388. The radio is pretty sensitive and very stable
after only a few minutes, unlike the Hammarlunds which drift for hours.
It's also quite accurate for the day. You can dial a station right to the
KHz and it'll be there. You can also, as Peter Maus warned me a long time
ago, develop a strong right arm cranking that band change knob.

--
Brian Denley