Old October 27th 04, 03:26 AM
-exray

OH YEAH wrote:

shown, which did prove you wrong - TO A POINT - but not entirely. It still
doesn't mean they do "scrutinize" ALL e-mails. Maybe some. I will agree, to
a point it is canned. . I'm not saying you are completely wrong or I'm
completely correct.. The system isn't the greatest, we can both agree on
that. But it is all they offer! So, we deal with it.

Well clearly they want the things reported to them so they can get the
header info and have the bogus sites shut down as rapidly as possible.
And they seem to do a good job of that. I wonder what kind of SWAT team
they have that can get a page pulled on a server in Romania within
hours? Maybe we should send THEM after Osama!

Its still disingenuous and misleading for me, you, them or anybody else
to suggest that the answer might be anything other "its not from us".
Next thing ya know the phishers will start sending out bogus replies
saying "yes, that was us, please log in and give us your info".

Some people have a hard time understanding the level of fraud that
exists on the internet. I knew a lady on another forum who got bitten
TWICE with those phony Microsoft emails that told you to delete such and
such file. When she got chastised for doing it the second time her
response was "Why would Microsoft send me phony emails?". She just
didn't get it. I guess ebay has an overdose of that mentality around
which they have to tailor their procedures.

-Bill