Old October 5th 05, 01:29 AM
SR

Default Band Spreads in Vintage radios

Also, can part from the Hallicrafters SX-100, Hammarlund 170, 180,
180 AC work with each other? How about tubes?

What would be a good book to read for someone who know little about
radio tube? I hope their is a Dummy Book!

And do they still make dial mechanisms and tubes for vintage radio?

SR wrote:

I find it rather interesting that certain sw vintage radio you have a
knob called Band Spread. Take the Hallicrafters SX-100. It has two
large half moon windows. The one on the right is for the Band Spread.
Now their is another knob to select the band, but you still have to tune
in on the Band Spread knob. Then you fine tune with the left.

I guess thats how that work. It can get a little confussing. However,
I think some how their is an advantage to this.

The Hammarlund 170 does not have this type of Band Spread. I think the
Hummarlund 180 and 180 ac has it. Is that correct?

It would really be cool if their was a way to add a frq counter.

SR!