Old October 5th 05, 02:35 AM
Bob Miller

Default Advertising on Shortwave

On 4 Oct 2005 03:21:42 -0700, "NewsGuy" wrote:

It would be great if people wrote about their thoughts on advertising
on shortwave. How effective is it?

I've only heard the odd survivalist merchandise and shortwave parts
dealer advertising on shows. Are there others?

How can people know the number of listeners they have on shortwave?

Etc, etc...

Domestic broadcasts are fairly accurately measured in regard to how
many are listening and what their demographics are. I would imagine
there might be something similar for shortwave broadcasts, but I don't
know for sure. If you're considering buying time slots, I'd get in
touch with the station rep who sells the slots, and ask him/her what
numbers they can give you.

Basically, you want to match up your product to an audience that wants
to buy it. If you're paying for listeners who have no desire to buy
your product, you're wasting money.

Talk to the station rep. See what audience figures you can get.

bob
k5qwg