Old October 28th 04, 02:52 PM
Ted Zateslo

In article ,
Dbowey wrote:
[...]

The kits I worked with had configurations available for on or off at either
end of rotation.. Centralab parts as I recall. I just googled for Centralab
and see they are out of business, but got 198 hits showing parts are still
available. Other manufacturers made similar kits. Good luck.

Don

Centralab still exists, kind of. It was bought out by Philips some years
back, and then more recently Philips spun it off as BCcomponents, which
has been bought by Vishay and is called Vishay BCcomponents. The "C"
stands for Centralab, so it still exists even if only as an initial.
Vishay also owns such good ol' brands as Sprague and Dale.

I looked around the website to see if any of their current product
line is boatanchor-relevant, and noticed they still make 1KV and 5KV
ceramic disc caps, I think exactly the same ones that were in the
Allied catalog in the 60's. No more pots, though...

Ted Zateslo, W1XO