Old October 5th 05, 05:23 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Default Great Liberty Net 3.931

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"an_old_friend" wrote

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

The "equality of all" is a naive myth which serves mainly to perpetuate
mediocrity in the human race. "....that all men are created equal" makes a
nice sound-bite but even the most casual examination of any random sample
of humankind disproves it beyond any doubt.

It always baffles me that free people buy into the notion of "democratic
equality", because in fact the notions of "freedom" and "all are equal"
are almost diametrically opposed. If I accept that I am your equal (and
that you are mine) then I give up all freedom to be different from you,
better than you, or worse than you. I simply WILL NOT give up that
freedom, and therefore I reject the notion of "human equality".

If you want to explore the results of real human equality, read Kurt
Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron" at
http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

73, de Hans, K0HB

Great comeback Hans.

Dan/W4NTI