Old October 5th 05, 07:33 PM
Caveat Lector

Default Another question of the day (Q4)

wrote in message
oups.com...

Caveat Lector wrote:
Sometimes we say a station is at 9680 kiloHertz (kHz)
Another time we say this station is on 31 meters.
What gives?
--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

UALLBew:

- well, if you say " Theres a great signal in the 31 meter band"
it's kind of like saying

" Theres this great restaurant in Downtown Cleveland"

However, if you say

" Found a great signal playing Arabian Square Dance Music on 9860"
- someone wil have a clue as to what yer talking about and be able to
locate said signal..

Suppose Referring to meter bands is OK if your referring to general
reception conditins in your local..

Alamand Left ...

~H~

Didn't say "31Meter band"

But wavelength = 300 / frequency in MHz

So 300 divided by 9.680 MHz = 30.99 Meters

Close Enough ?

BTW There are NO great restaurants in Downtown Cleveland
Lived there but things may have changed (;-)

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !