Old October 30th 04, 08:47 AM
Roger

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:56:12 -0600, -exray
wrote:

Roger wrote:

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:26:17 -0600, -exray
wrote:

Well clearly they want the things reported to them so they can get the
header info and have the bogus sites shut down as rapidly as possible.

Not really. It depends mainly on the integrity of the site hosting
the problem. A forward of the problem post/e-mail *with headers* to a
good ISP will cause them to check. If they come up with anything that
user is gone.

"Not really"? Are we disagreeing about something?

Probably not. I was referring to the remark about they must have a lot
of pull or influence, or something to that effect :-))

snip

Roger, we are preaching to the choir. These spam and fraud issues are
almost daily subjects (ad nauseum) on any internet forum such as this
one. Hell, these scams get reported on the evening network news. You'd
have to live in a cave...seems that quite a few people do!

When you consider (I think the number is 20%) of the computers hooked
to the net are infected It's one whale of a lot. :-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

-Bill