Old October 5th 05, 11:28 PM
Caveat Lector

Default Yet another Qustion Of The Day

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
news:z4T0f.329$i%.136@fed1read07...
Excellent Brenda -- right on

2nd part of the question - What other information is transmitted?

That depends on the station. Included in the subcarrier set can be such
things as digital or analog SCA (Subsidiary Communications Authorizations)
or RDS signals. IIRC, these are carried in most cases on 76 and 92 KHz
subcarriers, although there is no steadfast rule for use of subcarrier
frequencies, only convention.

Very Good Brenda Ann-- five stars

Yep my wife is in awe of her new car with a Bose system. (She drove the last
car for 17 years & 260,000 Miles)
For some FM stations, the radio panel gives the station call letters and
name (Smooth Jazz), name of the song and artist !!
She exclaimed -- Howd they do that (:-)

She also giggles everytime she uses the buttons on the rear view mirror to
open up the community gates and our garage door. Ah technology

For SCA details - see URL:
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/radio/sca.html

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !