Old October 5th 05, 11:29 PM
Dee Flint

Default Great Liberty Net 3.931

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"an_old_friend"

simple Bull**** Hans equality in rights does not mean
one gives up the right to the be different

You have that part right --- equality in rights is a fine thing, and we
all agree with it.

But I wasn't talking about "rights". I was talking about the flawed
notion that "all men are CREATED equal". We all have different physical
attributes, different levels of intelligence, different native skills and
abilities, etc., etc., etc. Clearly we are NOT created equal. As an
example, you may have a great sense of pitch and rythm along with a good
voice, so might become a famous singer. I on the other hand, can't carry
a tune in a tow sack. Clear to all but deaf observers, we are NOT equal.
The same analogy can be applied to any human attribute you wish to
examine, yet politicians (even though they don't practice it themselves)
still feed the masses this "created equal" myth, and the masses still buy
into it.

If you want to explore the results of real human equality,
read Kurt Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron"
at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

I recommended it because KV does a much better job than I in illustrating
the issue.

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Quite an intriguing story. Although I like science fiction, I've never been
a fan of Kurt Vonnegut so have not read this story before.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE