Old October 6th 05, 03:08 AM

Default Dr. Strange Love

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:32:03 -0500, - -
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:11:30 -0400, SR wrote:

Hey gang, yall remember the movie Dr. Strange Love? Well, I was very
impress with the photography used in the inside of that aircraft.

I can not figure out how the top officer was able to send the (Doomsday)
signal to the aircraft. Then when they got the signal I remember seeing
a device with lots off number. I guess it was controled by a radio.

Somehow, the aircraft isolated all incoming signal. I guess that was
part of the procedure.

But wasn't their a way for the top officer or president to communicate
with the aircraft to put a stop to this?

I have not seen the movie in a while.

SR

The radio device is accurate... it was a CRM-114 discriminator....
the code was OPE - 491....

this device will not let ANY message or anything else thru to the
pilot unless it is preceded by the correct code sequence...

in this movie the President did not try to recall the plane... That
was a great flick called Fail-Safe with Henry Fonda as the Pres....
They got the russians to stop jamming so they could talk to the plane,
but they were beyond the point to accept verbal commands...

in Dr. Strangelove the radios were damaged from flak and they never
did get the correct recall code.

Great movie.... GREAT movie!

Thanks for refreshing my memory on why no further comm's .........
heck, I own a copy of the movie so I guess it's time to watch it
again.

...........Heck, a guy could have a good time in Vegas ..............
or something like that.