Old October 6th 05, 04:47 AM

Default Dr. Strange Love

It was interesting, sure. Certainly from an historical perspective,
it's interesting to see how the nation lampooned the Cold War and
prevailing security dilemmas of the day. But all too often humor
doesn't tend to age so well. And a lot of the humor in that
movie..humor which may have been considered hilarious in that day and
age...is downright lame. Gen. Ripper's lines on "precious bodily
fluids" are particularly unfunny. I can't say that I thought too much
of Peter Sellers, either, for that matter. Of course, I'm not saying
that Peter Sellers was bad in this flick (it was not anything akin to
his downright awful performance in that horrendous abomination The
Party). By and large, I don't care for Peter Sellers movies, though.
Or 1960's comedy flicks in general.