Old October 16th 05, 01:11 AM

Default Docket Scorecard

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
wrote:

My wife got a new cell phone before we left on a 5000 mile
trip to Wisconsin and back. All along I-15, I-80, I-5 that
cell phone worked just fine inside the car, wife getting
her e-mail forwarded from AOL, then making several calls for
new reservations (we changed routes coming back) at motels,
getting voice mail from the cat sitter service, calling to
her sister and niece in WA state from Iowa. Emergency
comms through 911 service is now possible along highways,
even in the more remote parts of Wyoming, Utah, or Nevada.

Ah, here we go again, the hams are outmoded and outdated, cells phones
make ham radio obselete. Emergency officials and others who delt with
the Katrina disaster sure don't think so. Why didn't all those people in
NO and on the Gulf Coast who needed help just dial 911 on the cell
phone? Hint: Very difficult to do when the cell system is down. When law
enforcement officials couldn't communicate because their radio systems
were down, why didn't they just whip out the trusty ole cell phone and
make that important call? Hint: Very difficult to do when the cell
system is down.

So where is you point lennypoo, besides on top of your head?

" So where is you point?" - Commander makes good sentence!