Old October 15th 05, 10:50 PM
snow

Default scanner antenna for WiFi?

Thanks Mike...excellant site.
"snow" wrote in message
news:xtc4f.900$%L.126@trndny09...
Anyone try a desktop scanner antenna for a
home Wifi network? Any improved results? I am trying to extend my Wifi
reception to the end of my house. The router is one on one end of the

house,
but I can't receive a signal on the other end....about 10 feet short. I
can't move the router setup..so I am looking for an antenna improvement

over
the cheap stubby antenna. Must be a way to do this without buying extra
routers, etc. Any ideas appreciated. I do have an extra desktop scanner
antenna I can dig out of the attic..lokks like it may fit the back of the
router..must be about 3 or 4 times the length of the stubby.