Old November 4th 04, 08:51 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article ,
(Monte) writes:

i recently aquired a National NCX-5 transceiver//
I am looking for someone thats Knowleagable on these old boatanchors...
i plan on trying to put it back on the air

A very fine rig. I had one, and sold it cheaply because I thought the VFO
tuning capacitor (gearing to the dial digits) was shorted, since the receiver
went dead at various points on the dial.

Turns out that it just needed some Deox-It sprayed on the rotor wipers (I did
this after negotiating with the buyer and setitng a price -- then I fixed the
rig!).

I just wanted you to know that if you have such a problme, it's easy to fix.
You ahve to unscrew something over the tuning cap to get at it, but it's not
hard.

Enjoy the rig -- Mike K.. AA1UK

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.