Old October 17th 05, 03:35 AM
Rockinghorse Winner

Default Dumb Antenna Questions

Hey. I'm newly licensed tech (studying for General). I looked up
my questions in Handbook but could not find info. I am construct-
ing a dipole antenna for 15 Meters from insulated 18 guage battery
wire from the auto parts store. Since I will be going QRP for the
first weeks or month, I am not worried about power handling
capacity. But, will I have to upgrade my wire when I go to 50
or 100 watts output? Also, I have a question about the insulated
wi is the insulation an impediment to the functioning of the
antenna on HF? Thanks for being patient with a newbie.

Rockinghorse Winner
KI6AZS