Old October 17th 05, 12:07 AM
Has

Default Morse is...

"Wayne P. Muckleroy" wrote in message
. ..
antiquated. It was developed during a time when it was considered a
miracle that we could string wire sets for thousands of miles and (slowly)
communicate with a series of "clicks." Then the miracle of spark
generators were invented and we were really advanced because we could lose
the wire sets and communicate across the big pond.

I tend to be practical when it comes to technology. I realize the
importance of amateur radio or else I would not be spending my time in
here. However, if I need to order a pizza on my way home from work, I
don't pull out my HT and patch into the local pizzeria. I use my cell
phone of course.

Of course.

There are those however who find using the code to be an enjoyable way of
communicating, for any number of reasons.

Thanks to LB3KB for offering another good way to learn for those folks who
choose to do so.

-Has
KC6TRC