Old October 17th 05, 02:54 PM
David

Default Sony ICF-SW7600GR antenna jack

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:12:03 GMT, "acmac" wrote:

On one side of my Sony ICF-SW7600GR there's an AM antenna jack, thus I would
like to give a try with a long wire.

The main question is what appears to be a 3.5 jack, is it a stereo or a mono
one?

Is there any chance to be improving LW/MW/SW reception using a 100 feet wire
(10 feet above the ground) rather than the usual wind up antenna?

I hope not to be bothering you all with this issue.

Since you are just using the Tip for the long wire (nad maybe the
Sleeve for the ground) whether there's a Ring (in the case of a Stereo
3.5 mm plug) doesn't matter. If you use a Stereo plug, short the Ring
and Sleeve together, just to make sure.

I wouldn't go longer than about 30 feet with that radio (less if
strange signals start popping up).