Old July 17th 03, 12:03 PM
Dr. Slick

Roy Lewallen wrote in message ...
I'd be one of the people arguing. Radiation resistance fits every
definition of resistance. There's no rule that a resistance has to
dissipate power. The late Mr. Carr was quite apparently confusing
resistance with a resistor, a common mistake.

Your point has been well taken, Roy. But you have to admit that
radiation resistance is not a easily understood concept (which is why
it may be a common mistake), so for someone to call it a "fictitious"
resistance can make sense, in the sense that it is not a dissipated
resistance. After all, "Imaginary" numbers are well accepted. And
from an arguing sematics point of view (which is unfortunately
necessary sometimes), even you call it "radiation resistance", which
means that it is obviously not the same thing as a dissipative
resistance like a 50 Ohm resistor.

That being said, rest assured, Roy, that you have convinced me!

Slick