Old October 18th 05, 05:13 AM
John Kasupski

Default What is the best mobile scanner for CB use?

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:05:09 -0500, J.A. Rodgers
wrote:

I pulled my old Cobra 148 GT out of the trunk this afternoon thinking
I would hook it up and see if it still worked. I bought this thing
back in 1987 in a pawn shop in Everett, Washington. It worked fine for
years, but I haven't used it in a long long time.

I suspect the technology today is much much better now than it was
then.

Since I haven't a clue as to what the top shelf car scanner would be,
I'm asking for some recommendations.

Thank you.

Just a quick warning before you go installing a scanner in your car,
you might want to find out what the law is where you live. In may
places, putting a scanner in a motor vehicle is illegal.

If all you're interested in scanning is the CB band, you can get a
mobile CB rig that will scan all 40 channels without running afoul of
scanner laws. The Cobra 75 WX ST and Cobra 18 WX ST II are two mobile
CBs that I know of that have channel scan.

If you can legally have a scanner in your car or wish to do it
illegally (although certainly I don't recommend the latter!), the list
of possibilities is a lot longer. For whatever it's worth, the Uniden
BCT8 that I have covers the 40 CB channels, and much more.

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin