Old October 19th 05, 01:27 AM
Jerry Martes

Default Ruggedized antenna for NOAA sats?

"David Findlay" wrote in message
I'm currently building a VHF APT image receiver for my vehicle, and need a
suitable antenna design that is rugged enough to survive the rigors of
being hit by hail and strong winds. It also needs to be relatively compact
because I need to fit other antennae on the roof too. I was thinking some
sort of helical. Anyone got suggestions of what would be best? Thanks,

David

David

I have some experience with APT imaging and antennas for NOAA satellites.
You can contact me at my E-mail address for more info and pictures.
I wouldnt be optimistic about being able to get good images with an
antenna that is permanently mounted above the top of a car.
Are you aware that Walter Maxwell frequents this news group? He has to
be the best source of guidance on APT antennas *anywhere*.

Jerry