Old October 19th 05, 12:55 AM
Joerg

Default Choice of iron powder toriod?

Hello Michael,

There is no reason to apologize for being good with analog. ;-) I
worked as a broadcast engineer during the time they announced the first
memory chip, (1101) which was a slow, noisy 256 bit * 1 DRAM with very
critical timing. I also did analog and digital work on the microwave
equipment built at Microdyne, before L3-Com closed the Ocala plant.

Seems you started with digital stuff a year or two earlier than I did.
My first RAM had a whopping 1024 bits. Not bytes, bits. 21...something,
I could look it up since the device where its in still works.

The reason I asked about the microwave equipment, I would like to
meet the people who designed the C-band CATV receivers I had to maintain
in the '80s. I always loved Collins equipment, till I ran into those
radios. They had a horrible failure rate, ...

But their HF radios were quite reliable. Unfortunately at that time out
of my budget range, and so were those nice mechanical filters :-(

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com