Old October 19th 05, 01:10 AM
Sigurd Stenersen

Default Morse code learning software

Bob McConnell wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:16:40 +0200, Sigurd Stenersen wrote:

Bob McConnell wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:33:32 +0200, "Sigurd Stenersen"
wrote:

Jerseyj wrote:
Too band there isn't a Linux or MacOS version!

Well, this is a hobby project and I have to select how I want to
spend the little time I have for hobbies. Currently, I choose to
add more features to Just Learn Morse Code and later I might want
to spend some time on regular ham activities rather than just
extending my working hours without being paid...

One user reported that the executable runs just fine on Linux
under the WINE emulator, tho.

If you published the source under the GPL, you might find a few
people interested in porting it to a real OS. I wouldn't dare
install DirectX on any computer with a NIC, but don't have any use
for a box without one.

Really ? Wow ! How incredibly interesting...

Interesting because someone else might be interested in the code, or
because someone actually cares about the security of their computers?

Neither. I was being ironic.

Why don't you just make your own software and throw it away like that, if
you have the skills ? Or are you just bitching because you don't have the
ability ?

So far, I'm the only one giving away great work for free here...

LB3KB, Sigurd