Old October 19th 05, 04:47 AM
John Kasupski

Default What is the best mobile scanner for CB use?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:24:45 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

I'll chime in and agree. I have a BCT-8 in my -Z- and it works great for
everything it receives...

I've had mine for less than a month, so I'm still learning it, but I
haven't had any trouble getting it to follow the two trunked systems I
have programmed into it (one EDACS and one Motorola), and of course it
works fine on conventional repeater and simplex systems.

The BCT8 was bought to upgrade from a BC-750A in my van. I've
described the BCT8 to friends of mine as a BC-750A on steroids. It
uses a similar approach to the way it handles service banks and
searching, but programming the private bank is a lot easier, and the
frequency coverage and trunking on the BCT8 are superior to the 750A.

I did look at the BC-350C before buying the BCT8 but opted to add the
trunking capability - the main difference between the 750A and the
350C was in the number of user-programmable channels available, so
buying the 350C wouldn't have added all that much, but going to the
BCT8 was a major upgrade in capability and, to me anyway, worth the
extra cost.

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin