Old October 19th 05, 08:20 PM
junius

Default sony 2010 - what replaced it?

Sony's ICF-SW07 is the company's current flagship shortwave receiver.
Performance-wise, it's really not appreciably different from the
'SW7600GR, in my opinion (the small size is nice, however).
Since neither the ICF-SW07 nor the SW7600GR is quite in the same class
as the '2010 or 'SW77, I think you'd do well to look at the Eton E1.
Admittedly, it's on the higher end of the price scale where portables
are concerned (although not that much higher than the 'SW77 back when
it was sold new). Price aside, however, if the '2010 is the type of
radio you're looking for (high performance, full featured portable) and
you're looking to buy new, then the E1 is about the only option out
there. And, thankfully, it seems to be a very nice performer,
according the buzz out there.

junius