Old October 20th 05, 03:13 AM
benjamaniac

Default Got another radio today

"Avery W3AVE" wrote in message
oups.com...
P.S. I should have mentioned that the "S" after 2-40C means an
additional band, from 200-400 kHz, and I don't think the S model covers
the entire broadcast band--just 1000 kHz and up. I don't think there's
much down in the LF band these days except for a couple of utility
stations, but maybe I'm wrong.

Avery,
Thanks for all the info on the radio. I greatly appreciate it.
No...it didn't come withthe stepped feet you asked about. It does have a
gov't tag on it saying it was made for the FCC or something like that. As
far as working condition...that's still unknown. I Haven't taken a good
close look at it yet. After I have...I'll fire it up slowly on my variac
since I have no idea how long it's been since it's been powered up. I'll
give an update on it when I get it going.
Ben