Old November 10th 04, 02:23 AM
K3HVG

I have an FAA Academy book on various vintage receivers. This book calls
what you have the RCP. Its a National receiver made by someone else on
contract. It does have the sliding coil rack, a la NC-100, covers the LF
band, and the CONS switch. Its got a frequency card in the upper right
center. Let me know if this might help.
de K3HVG

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
I just picked up a National RCE-2 supplied to the CAA by Radio Receptor
Corp. It covers 5 bands 200 to 400kc, 1.3 to 2.8, 2.7 to 6.4, 5.9 to 14.4,
14.5 to 30.0 MC . It has a on/off switch labeled I.N.S. The band coils are
in sliding cast case. I kind of recall seeing an NC-100, perhaps that's not
the correct number. But I need to find a schematic. My guess is that the
NC-100 didn't skip the bradcast band and had no LF.
tnx