Old October 20th 05, 05:08 AM
K4YZ

Default how a policy issue for a change...local bandplaning

an_old_friend wrote:
KØHB wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote

And this is different from any other law...HOW?

Bandplans are cooperative agreements between affected amateurs, not "laws".

for an occasion we find ourselfs in absolute agreement

"occassion" "ourselves"

and as amateur they are subject to modifcation by us which proves they
are not laws

Sure they are.

Once again, Markie...

The FCC has stated that those cooperative agreements ARE the
defacto band plans, and although they will not specifically codfify
them, they expect Amateurs to abide by them or find themselves in
trouble.

If I get an NAL from the FCC for a "verbatim" rule violation or
because I tied to operate contrary to an established band p[lann is
irrelevent...The FCC will prosecute it in the very same fashion.

Steve, K4YZ