Old November 10th 04, 11:23 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I took a little closer look and the bottom of the pwr xfmr has "NC 100F" on
it. It has a three section variable tuning cap that looks to be about 150
pf per section. It has 12 tubes, 5 6J7, 3 6K7, 2 6C5, 1 6V6, and 1 80.
There is a small rf coil mounted on the rear apron of the chassis next to
small compression variable tunig cap that has access from the back. One end
of the coil is disconnected. It's a rack mouint and the case has handles on
the back but I can't see how it was secured. I'm using 2 pieces of coat
hanger wire to secure it till I find out what they used, possibly 2 long L
shaped bolts.It has a little square on front to write down important
frequencies
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
om...
I just picked up a National RCE-2 supplied to the CAA by Radio Receptor
Corp. It covers 5 bands 200 to 400kc, 1.3 to 2.8, 2.7 to 6.4, 5.9 to 14.4,
14.5 to 30.0 MC . It has a on/off switch labeled I.N.S. The band coils are
in sliding cast case. I kind of recall seeing an NC-100, perhaps that's
not the correct number. But I need to find a schematic. My guess is that
the NC-100 didn't skip the bradcast band and had no LF.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR