Old October 20th 05, 09:58 PM
Al Klein

Default Encryption?

On 20 Oct 2005 13:37:36 -0700, "Toolmaker" said
in rec.radio.scanner:

Does Akron, OH PD use encryption? I guess I'm asking, "if I buy a
scanner can I listen and understand?" I've been reading some of this
group so I know what I need, just want to make sure it doesn't come out
in a series of high pitched squeaks and chirps. Thanks for the help.

http://www.radioreference.com/module...TRSDB&sid=2707

Digital, but not encrypted, so you need a digital scanner. Radio
Shack Pro-96, Pro-2096 or Uniden BCD396T. Check the specs and what's
included in the price, though - don't go on price alone.