Old October 21st 05, 03:32 AM
Walter Maxwell

Default Messed-Up Radials Can Generate Spurious Emissions

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:05:31 -0400, "Hal Rosser" wrote:

Good story - I'm impressed. I struggle trying to copy 20 wpm, and you were
copying @ 30 wpm.

I learned the code at a very early age. When I was an op at AM BC station WMFJ
Daytona Beach in 1940 we had no teletype for gathering news, but had a contract
with Press Wireless for copying WCX/WJS Brentwood, NY. I copied the news every
day for broadcast. The code speed was 35 to 38 wpm.

I noticed also you referred to frequencies in KHZ. But shouldn't that have
been "KC" or for historic accuracy.

I understand your thoughts on this, but if I had used KC in a current piece like
this one, someone would surely say I should have used KHz. So either way someone
would say I should have used the other form.

Walt