Old October 21st 05, 08:31 PM
Kurt

Default Morse code learning software

Sigurd Stenersen wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Sheesh, I gotta work harder. Can send well but receiving is a whole
'nother ballgame. Fired up JLMC last night and gave it a serious go
and it is indeed going to take 30 minutes a night for sometime to get
me up to speed. I was a bit saddened but felt better when I reminded
myself I haven't put myself on a timeframe and still need to study
the Tech and General Manuals. Passed an OnLine tech exam, but I
would like to get a higher score.

What speed setting are you using ?

I think it may be harder learning at below 12 WPM than above. But I suppose
that's bad news if you're aiming for a 5WPM test...

73 de LB3KB, Sigurd
http://justlearnmorsecode.com

I slowed it down to 10 as I was a bit depressed and I actually haven't
been seriously practicing receiving so I just have to do the 30 minutes
or more a day routine. Use headphones and such.
I memorized by rote the characters and practiced sending in my head
whenever I get the chance. Sending and receiving takes different parts
of the brain to process so I just have to activate the auditory centers.
I did use G4FON's program and other free programs to help me learn the
characters.

The other incentive I have is I am on the shipping list for a Small
Wonders DSW-II 40 meter transceiver kit. When built, I have a dummy
load to work with it but won't plug a key in or transmit until I pass
the test and get assigned a callsign.

A fellow told me he got a rig before he was licensed and used the
receiver to listen and never plugged a key or a mic in. (It was a
considerably pricey rig) It was the incentive for him to keep studying
and worked. It was he who told me that I didn't have to be licensed to
buy a rig and just use it to listen. Just can't send a signal.
(Makes sense to me.)

Kurt Savegnago