Old October 22nd 05, 04:04 AM
Bill

Default FMT with TS 830

Jaggy Taggy wrote:

There is an ARRL Frequency Measurement Test coming up in November and I'd
like to participate.
I'd like to verify my receiving frequency with a frequency counter and
wonder how to best attach that to my TS 830.

Who has done these kinds of measurements and could give advice???

Uwe

About 30 years ago I qualified with my HQ-180A and an LM freq meter.
Didn't need to hook anything together

The problem with a counter and a TS830 is that there are various
oscillators in the 830 that would all need to be summed together to get
into the gnat's hair range. I really don't know how that could be
easily done. I'm thinking old style using an oscillator like the
LM/BC-221 or any good signal generator to beat against the signal and
measuring THAT unit rather than trying to measure the 830.

-Bill