Old October 22nd 05, 11:53 PM
Bill

Default FMT with TS 830

Jaggy Taggy wrote:

Now the TS 830 does not have such a feature and I wonder how I am supposed
to switch my BFO off.

Does the TS830 have AM mode capability?

And looking at my old URM25D using my HP5384A frequency counter the error
seems to mount. Even after warm up a slow drift of at least +- 30 Hz seems
to be unavoidable.
Combining all these errors and considering my operators error in zero
beating the signal I should be lucky to get within +- 50 HZ OF the ARRL
frequency. Maybe not too bad considering the equipment and the operator's
experience, but quite an error nevertheless....

Make as many measurements as you can and then average your own results,
or find a numerical median of your own results. If you 'know' you've
got a certain amount of drift in your counter or sig gen you can simply
back out that number or a portion of it.

Good luck!

-Bill