Old October 22nd 05, 11:38 PM

Default What Amateur Radio Emergency Communications?

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:32:01 -0400, Mike Coslo
wrote:

an_old_friend wrote:

a decent case can be made that the USA should sell of all ham VHF/UHF
spectrum and use the money to build more redunacy in to the cell tower
network so at text will get through no matter what

Unrelated.

liar

to restore yourown words " And millions more cell phone users.
Let the cell phone users make up the emergency network, eh?"

Cell phone does indeed show signs of being usable as a true emergency
network

certainly one more acceable to general public than Ham radio

this fact is one we need to consider if we wnat to surive

but then you like the procoders in general do have your heads in the
sand

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download