Old October 23rd 05, 07:35 AM
Robert J Carpenter

Default Will HD radio signal penetrate metal building

wrote in message
I've been trying to get an AM signal at my job which is in a large
steel factory. Today I heard about HD radio and naturally I wonder

if
this is still an AM signal that will not penetrate a metal building

or
is an HD signal a more easily recievable signal that we are used to

in
AM?

The HD signal associated with an AM station is transmitted with much
less power than the station's ordinary analog signal. OTOH, the
design of the HD signal is such that it is immune to ___some___
kinds of interference or electrical noise.. I don't think AM HD will
help unless you can hear AM in your workplace, even though it's too
noisy for acceptable listening. AM HD won't create a signal if
ordinary analog AM is completely inaudible.