Old October 23rd 05, 08:04 AM

Default Improving airband radio reception

Hi

'BNC Cable' = 1M of RG-59/U

The BNC Panel connector is still a panel connector, ie an open backed
soldered connector that does leave a short bit of unshielded core.

The airport is Sywell, about 5 miles away from me, a small local grass
airfield. I'm looking to hear this airfield well as I want to do my
PPL from there at some point soon. I will try and get a better idea
of the terain between Sywell and myself at the top of Wellingborough
later, but there certanily isnt a mountain between us

I'm thinking that a short Yagi might be the best bet for my situation,
as from what you guys are saying there is nothing terrible in my
current setup at the moment, and aircraft close to Sywell and the Tower
at Sywell is what I really want to improve if I had to pick a more
specific target to improve.

Comments & sugestions welcome.

Cheers
Kev