Old October 23rd 05, 01:01 PM
John

Default Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

COLIN LAMB wrote in message
k.net...
Was it in mint condition?

Actually, I would rate it as used, good condition when I had it. The
insulation on the wires was flaking off and some of the coppper conductors
showed corrosion. The 11-meter band was not calibrated and the carbon
voltage dropping resistors for the differential keying circuit all burned up
in a mini-fire---they were replaced with larger wattage wire-wound
components. That's how I remember it after about 35 years.

It's probably rusting away under tons of garbarge after it was parted-out
and dumped on the street corner waiting for 'pickup'---when solidstate
became the fashion.. However, if it's still out there I'd like to pass it's
history along. Personally, I don't have time to play retro-radio. I'll
stay on the newsgroup for a couple of weeks hoping for an answer then
unsubscribe---the owner can contact me---one callsign is still good in the
callbook. Bye...