Old October 23rd 05, 08:04 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Default Choice of iron powder toriod?

Graham W wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Joerg wrote:

Hello Michael,

There is no reason to apologize for being good with analog. ;-) I
worked as a broadcast engineer during the time they announced the
first memory chip, (1101) which was a slow, noisy 256 bit * 1 DRAM
with very critical timing. I also did analog and digital work on
the microwave equipment built at Microdyne, before L3-Com closed
the Ocala plant.

Seems you started with digital stuff a year or two earlier than I
did. My first RAM had a whopping 1024 bits. Not bytes, bits.
21...something, I could look it up since the device where its in
still works.

2114? 1K * 4 bits?

Nah - 2102 1k * 1.

That was one early memory chip i don't recall using.

Had 8 of 'em in in my homebuilt Nascom 1 computer which with a
2708 UVEPROM for the 'monitor' was all the RAM for system and
user code and video store! Nevertheless, it was sufficient for a
machine code program to run 'Lunar Lander', hee hee.

Collins filters were regarded as the bees knees in UK ham circles
but I never could afford one!

The price was right, that day at the Dayton hamfest. ;-)

73 de G3VPC

--
?

Michael A. Terrell