Old October 24th 05, 01:18 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Default The Evolution of Boy Scout Headquarters Station K2BSA

In the late 50s, Al Kahn (W8DUS president of ElectoVoice) and I ran the
amateur radio station at the Jamboree at Valley Forge. I no longer remember
the call sign used. Al went on to found TenTec and passed away within the
year. I went on to Ohio State, mentoring by W8JK, and teaching.

Al was a great person. He let me drive his Thunderbird (then a sports
car) into town to get some parts. Exciting! He also taught me some
valuable lessons.

Wish that I could remember the call sign that we used.

Thanks Walt for putting down the story that I have heard you tell
before. I am an Eagle scout and it is especially disappointing not to have
more of an amateur radio presence in Scouting.

73, Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:11:58 -0400, Walter Maxwell wrote:

The Evolution of Boy Scout Headquarters Station K2BSA

Sorry All, I screwed up the dates of submission to the FCC and the receipt

of
the K2BSA assignment. My basic data is in Florida, which I'll dig out

and
correct after we return there on Nov 1.

Walt, W2DU