Old July 18th 03, 12:45 AM
Bob Miller

On 16 Jul 2003 18:20:37 GMT, (ALCCA) wrote:

Hi, I am thinking of getting a Yaesu 897 with the ATAS 120 antenna for both
mobile and base operation. My problem is that I live in a condo which does not
allow antennas on the roof. I have been thinking of getting the MFJ 1904 which
is a 2' X 2" stainless steel base and mounting the ATAS 120 with an extension
(to keep RF away from me and also to get it as close as possible to the
cathedral ceiling). What do you guys think of such an arrangement.
Thanks
Al Casanova
KE4MNF

I'm not that familiar with the atas antennas, but you might look at
some kind of ground -- a counterpoise wire(s), radials, whatever, to
replace the ground the car normally provides. I'm not sure the little
steel plate will be much of a ground. Maybe you can use it as a
gathering point for some radials.

Bob
k5qwg