Old October 24th 05, 07:16 PM
Kurt

Default Morse code learning software

Thanks for all the advice. Will work harder once the Midwest winter
sets in and the summer hobbies go on the back burner. My wife won't let
me spraypaint in the garage after I poofed the cars.

Kurt Savegnago

Sigurd Stenersen wrote:
Spooge Geeko wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:26:00 +0200, "Sigurd Stenersen"
wrote:

I think it may be harder learning at below 12 WPM than above. But I
suppose that's bad news if you're aiming for a 5WPM test...

try chars at 8wpm with spacing at 16
It gives a better sense of the "flow and rhythm" so its easier to
increase speed.

According to Koch's research it takes longer to learn below 12 WPM. He
probably didn't use Farnsworth timing, tho.

This is highly subjective either way, so if you find a setting that works
for you just stick with it.

(On the other hand - if you're going to take a test you should find out what
speed is used for that test before you show up. Practicing 5/5 for a test
that's given at 5/18 spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e.)

I use 12/18 for relearning Morse code 24 years later myself. (I use Just
Learn Morse Code whenever I can find the time - currently I spend most of my
hobby hours working on the next version.)

73 de LB3KB, Sigurd
http://justlearnmorsecode.com